Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Work for the man or work from home - You decide.

When you work from home look at all you have to give up. I say that to myself every winter day when the snow is falling and it's 5AM. Just look at the price I have to pay to work from home. I say that to myself at least 10 times before I roll over and bury my head in the pillow for another 40 winks.
 
Winter days are my lazy days. I remember in the fall of 1993 it started to snow and it kept on snowing. I was snowed in pretty much all winter, snow drifts to the second floor. Thankfully my neighbor came over with his front end loader and cleared my driveway. Good thing my trip to the office was just down the stairs, past the fireplace (toss another log on the fire) and into "the office".
 
Like I said, you give up a lot when you work from home.
 
Actually starting a "work from home" business is not for everyone as there are some trade-offs. When you for an employer you have benefits like 401K, paid vacations, sick days and medical insurance.
 
Those perks are what used to keep people tied to a company job however times  have changed.
 
Now those who are employed by others are finding their paid vacations may be a little shorter, sick days fewer, you now pay at least a portion of your medical insurance and your 401K company contributions just aren't there. Also the new trend in cross training, teaching you other jobs just incase Debbie calls in sick that day ad they end up short handed. What cross training really means is that in addition to doing the job you were hired you are now doing additional work without any additional pay.
 
Changes in the employer/employee enviroment have definately impacted the growth of the work from home business opportunity industry. Recent studies have shown that more than 50% of US households are actively engaged in a work from home business either to supplement or replace their current streams of income.
 
The work from home business arean offers many attractive benefits and features. Work from home opportunities offer the advantage of low business start up costs. lower operating costs and tax advantages.
 
Work from home business also offer flexibility. As an example when you are employed by a company you have to be at work at a certain time. If you are late they dock your time. Traditionally you receive 2 short breaks during te day and an hour for lunch.
 
In a work from home environment you can pretty much work on your schedule. You decide when to take a break. You decide when to have lunch and you decide when to quit.
 
I think the benefits of a work from home environment far outweigh the negatives, how about you?
 
RH Sterling
Case Statement Copywriter
Certified Veretekk Trainer
TriVita Business Owner 13040262
 
Office: 570.972.1245
Private: 570.655.0522
Skype: rhsterling
 
Business email: qurox@veretekk.com
Personal email: robert@rhsterling.com
 
On the web
 
- "Strive not to be a success but rather to be of value" Albert Einstein -